Any GR Yaris PnP owners lost hill hold?

beetos

Any GR Yaris PnP owners lost hill hold?

Post by beetos »

I run a pretty well modified Yaris with big turbo/ethanol/sequential etc. While not something I’m losing sleep over, but do other Yaris users still have a functioning hill hold assist feature? Mine does not work. Useful with my steel twin plate on the street but handbrake is also good!
stevieturbo

Re: Any GR Yaris PnP owners lost hill hold?

Post by stevieturbo »

beetos wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:17 am I run a pretty well modified Yaris with big turbo/ethanol/sequential etc. While not something I’m losing sleep over, but do other Yaris users still have a functioning hill hold assist feature? Mine does not work. Useful with my steel twin plate on the street but handbrake is also good!
And do you really need such a clutch ?

Often people go for nasty twins etc, when by all accounts a good twin plate organic would be more than enough, and drive much nicer

The Uniclutch system looks to offer lots of options. They do list a twin plate paddle style rated at 980lbft for the Yaris, although I see little reason one of their organics wouldn't work if you didn't need such capacity. Their system is modular.

I've bought one of their twin organics for one of my cars, although will likely fit over the winter. It's rated at 650lbft

eg this https://www.partsinmotion.co.uk/car-par ... 200-detail

Then you use a fitting kit to bolt to the existing flywheel

They list this one for the Yaris, but their clutch packs are interchangeable for a given diameter pack.

https://www.partsinmotion.co.uk/car-par ... 200-detail

Red one would be the paddle style discs. But still sprung etc AFAIK.
beetos

Re: Any GR Yaris PnP owners lost hill hold?

Post by beetos »

Yes I need such a clutch. The engine smoked the stock clutch in no time and no one I know has tried the uniclutch, plus I had to ditch the OE damped flywheel. The ATS twin plate and solid flywheel set up I have is well proven and robust and launches well without deteriorating.

Anyway back to my question, any Yaris owners?