s6gp issue

hagar

s6gp issue

Post by hagar »

]hi there i have got a 1jz running a s6gp . it has been running fine for a few months moving around the workshop and over for mot, but now this week it has decided to be unreliable starts fine when cold but doesn`t sound right wont idle and then cuts out and wont start once it is warm.

checked the sync log and the waveform does not seem to be square

attached are the cal and log files any help appreciated thanks
Attachments
supra log.txt
(215.1 KiB) Downloaded 847 times
jza70r.SC
(280.85 KiB) Downloaded 837 times
pavlo
Zen Performance

Re: s6gp issue

Post by pavlo »

Your sync log is normal.

There may be some tweaks that will prevent it dropping out of sync (min gap width and trigger levels).
hagar

Post by hagar »

any chance you could expand a bit on this min gap width and trigger levels as the strange thing is the car has gone through almost a full tank of fuel 2 trips to the mot station and nothing has been changed has done all that and has now started this problem

surely if it is a configuration issue it would have been there from the start

once warm whilst cranking we are getting a critical cam error as it splutters and dies and periodically get a message long tooth gap also short tooth gap

could it be a faulty crankshaft sensor seems to me that something has or is failing

many thanks
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

On cranking the falling edge of the cam sensor is one side of a crank edge, (just before) once it fires it drifts to after the falling edge, causing the issue.

The cam tooth ideally needs to be halfway between 2 crank teeth, I would guess that something has changed, and it only needs to be a very small change, like the settling of a cambelt, or some other mechanical thing that you have done without realising the consequences.

You need to make some adjstments, exactly what I'm not going to say as i don't want you to go off and do it, and then have your ignition base angle out by 30 degrees and then destroy the engine. It needs to be done in conjuction with a timing light. There are some things that can be done in the calibration (changing the trigger levels mostly) but i think a mechanical change is needed, your first thing to check is the crank bolt is tight!
hagar

Post by hagar »

ok thanks i will go through all the timing tomorrow there are vernier pulleys too so will check they haven slipped

many thanks